PSWS is a registered secular voluntary organization established in the year 1964. It is the official social work organization of the Diocese of Palai. The aim of the society is the integral development of the people especially the poor, vulnerable and marginalized ones. It’s operational area consists of 167 parishes of Palai Diocese having 18,000 members from all communities irrespective of cast & creed.
About Palai Social Welfare Society (PSWS)
Creation of a self – reliant society based on human values and social justice
Liberation of the poor and marginalized through a process of empowerment
To engage in social activities to improve the living condition and general welfare of the weaker section of the society, irrespective of caste, creed, community, and sex.
• To promote the formation and strengthening of community based organizations
• To promote collectivism and voluntarism among target group
• To facilitate the sharing of information, recourses and skills of development
• To promote the social movements against exploitations
• To organize participatory learning, analysis and document its funding
• To facilitate the participation of women and marginalized in the development process
• To promote agricultural development
• To promote sustainable usage of natural recourses
• To initiate employment generation programmes
• To promote saving and credit programmes
• To popularize participatory planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation system at various level
• To avail appropriate development schemes (housing, sanitation, drinking water programmes etc.) to needy
Respect : We affirm the dignity, potential and contribution of participants, donors, partners and staff.
Gender equity and equality : We ensure Gender equity and equality in all our programmes.
Integrity : We always act with our mission, being honest and transparent in what we do and say, and we accept responsibility for our collective and individual actions.
Commitment : We together work effectively to achieve our mission and vision.
Excellence : We prepare ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance to achieve our mission and vision.
Marginal farmers, agricultural laborers, dalit, children, women, economically weaker sections and non-income groups.